SilkFred went behind the scenes with House Of Sunny. We paid a visit to their beautiful showroom in East London, where we were able to learn more about their background story and what keeps them motivated, as well as have a sneak peek of their new collection!
– Do you remember where you were when you decided to set up your own business?
I was having dinner with friends, it was 2011 when I decided ‘okay let’s do it.’
– What was the first thing you did when you made the decision to go for it?
I wrote a three-year business plan. It’s a lot of work, there’s not just one thing you have to do, there is a hundred things you need to think of.
– What gets you out of bed every day?
Having an independent brand, working with great and inspiring people, and striving everyday to make it better is what gets me out of bed. I love seeing customers tag themselves wearing HofS pieces across social media, it makes it all worth while seeing the clothes being worn and enjoyed all over the world.
– Tell us about your brand?
House of Sunny is an online, independent womenswear brand. We aim to create innovative designs with everyday values through a new-wave of technology, bringing our clothes to global consumers who appreciate a different point of view.
– Who would your ideal “celebrity” customer be?
It would probably be Solange Knowles.
– Have you ever wanted to quit and if so what kept you going?
I have never thought of quitting, ever. There are obviously days where things do not work out how you wish but working with a resourceful team and having support from friends and family keeps me going. It only makes me want to do better.
– What tips would you give someone looking to set up their own business?
Don’t rush it, plan it and have a team ready to work with you. And don’t give up!
– If you could go back in time, would you do anything differently?
No, I believe everything happens for a reason.
– How do you unwind outside of work?
I love just hanging out and relaxing in East London where I live, seeing friends and hitting to my favourite stores.
Be sure to check out House of Sunny’s new collection!
SF Team x