We all know how stressful getting ready for a night out can be sometimes. Whether it be lack of energy, a bad hair day, your make-up keeps going to pot, there’s nothing to wear (the first outfit you chose is probably the one you’ll go for, even though we all try on a million other things)… Don’t panic, one thing at a time.
First, you MUST put on a upbeat music playlist, your favourite songs will always help you calm down and get in the mood for dancing. Secondly, pick 3 to 4 outfits that you think you’re more likely to wear. That will give you time to think about your narrowed down selection while getting ready. Finally, I’m no make-up expert myself, but I do know a thing or two about taking care of your skin and hair, and how to accentuate your features without needing too much make-up.
Here are a few rules to keep in mind when preparing for a night out on the town:
- Cleanse & Moisturise. Before putting on a face full of make-up, it’s important to have cleansed your face (even if you’ve just showered) and to have applied a small amount of moisturiser. Not too much because soon you’ll be sweating, and smooth skin will be shiny skin…
- Roll-on Deodorant. When it comes to longer-lasting deodorant, roll-on beats spray hands down, so roller up ladies! Using roll-ons are also a bonus because they usually come in smaller containers making it easier to fit them in your purse! Purfect!
- Perfume. After a few hours partying perfume no longer exists in most cases. We recommend applying it a few times whilst getting ready; spray your hair from a distance after showering, again after putting your clothes on and finally before leaving the house.
- Eyeshadow. For those of you who aren’t necessarily artists when it comes to applying make-up, there is just one simple rule to follow: use light colours for the inner corner of your eye (around the tear duct) and darker colours for the outer corner. Blend both corners with a colour in between the two you’ve chosen, this evens out the make-up. To finish off, apply a minimal amount of light eyeshadow under your eyebrow, this helps create a sharp looking eyebrow and accentuates the size of your eyes.
- Winged Eye. I’m sure this has left many of us blind in the past. In my experience, it’s worth drawing a thin line with grey eye pencil (or lightly with a black one) before applying the thicker liquid like substance. You’ll avoid needing to re-do your whole eye if you mess up, simply shape the line with a cotton bud and carry on.
- Mascara. Who doesn’t love a pair of fierce lashes? Buying a thin brush will enable you to get close to the root of your lashes, making them look longer. Use the tip of the brush to reach the baby lashes too. Leave for 5 minutes, then apply the second coat. P.S. If you want longer lashes, apply a small amount of vaseline on the tips of them before going to bed. This actually works!
- Red Lips. Within an hour most lipsticks become flaky or leave you with simply an outline. The trick to making your red-lips last longer is multiple appliances. First apply a red lipliner, then fill them in with the lipstick. Kiss a piece of tissue, and repeat the process over again. After the third appliance, you’re all set! I was show this on a skiing trip, and all I have to say is, if it stays intact after a day skiing, it’s sure to work for your wild night out!
- Argan Oil. The SF team have expressed the love we feel for this product before and nothing has changed! It’s literally heaven for your hair, making it soft and shiny. If you’re having a bad hair day and need a lift before going out, apply a little bit of this magic to your hair. It works as a heat resilient too, so it’s great if you want to blow-dry, straighten or curl your hair, it’s styling serum of course!
There you have it! A list of some very simple, and hopefully useful tips to help make the process before a night out easier. The way we look and feel before we leave the house has an impact on the way we see the night going and the way it goes. If we are feeling our best and looking drop dead gorgeous, the night is sure to be a great one, so why not try some of these out?
Enjoy, N x