Jacket and Sun aren’t two words you would normally associate with one another. Why? The obvious. Why would you be thinking about jackets in a hot climate, when the main thing on your mind is keeping yourself cool? Well, albeit a natural reaction, it’s not always the case when the sun goes down.
Having grown up in a hot climate, I fully understand how during the day you feel like you’re melting, but come nighttime, the wind can pick up and leave a chill in the air. So… I’ve collated a series of summer jackets that are on trend this SS’16, perfect choices for nippy evenings about town.
- The Buttonless Blazer. An unbuttoned blazer is the perfect staple to wear over an elegant outfit or even casual shorts and a top. Summer months are the time to wear vibrant colours and prints, and white is a great choice too, as it accentuates tanned skin.
- A Sleeveless Trench. In winter trench coats are one of the most loved staples. They seem to be this summer too, only they’re sleeveless and made from a lighter fabric (of course). Gorgeous over your evening outfit, keeping you cool but not leaving you cold.
- The Floral Bomber Jacket. This SS16 you would have seen them on the catwalk, as well as on A-list celebrities; lightweight, floral bomber jackets are THE summer staple to own. Metallics are popular, but we also have a selection of bright coloured floral bombers too.
- The Classic Denim. You can’t go wrong with a classic denim jacket. Be it a light or dark shade, oversized or fitted, it’s stylish thrown over any outfit. The 90’s are back, as we’ve been reminded many times this year, making it an effortlessly on trend option.
- The Oversized Mac. Always popular during festival season, it’s also a great item to take abroad with you for evening strolls. Being oversized it won’t cling to your skin, giving you room to breath. Lightweight and stylish, a good choice.
- The Mini Jacket. Just right for a dressier occasion, this cute jacket will look chic over a dress or nice top and bottoms. It will keep your arms safe from the breeze, but allow you to show off the rest of your body.
- The Cape Blazer. A trend that has been spotted on many catwalks (Burberry, Christopher Bailey…) and red carpets (JLo, Emilia Clarke…), it’s a SS16 essential we should all be testing. A mix between a blazer and cape, it will look flawless with most outfits. A killer paired with heels and red lippy.
Even if it’s summer, it doesn’t hurt to keep your jacket collection alive during the warmer months, you never know when you’re going to need one!
SF team x