SilkFred - Privacy and Cookies Policy
- Information we may collect from you
- Cookies and other technologies
- Uses of other similar technologies
- Uses made of your information
- Information sharing
- Public forums
- External links
- Payment processing
- Storage of your information
- Your rights
- Contacting us
This is the privacy and cookies policy for www.silkfred.com (Site). The Site is operated by or on behalf of SilkFred Limited (we, us and our). For the purposes of applicable data protection law (meaning the Data Protection Act 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation, including where and to the extent retained in the laws of England and Wales (the “GDPR”) and any legislation which implements any of them) (the "Data Protection Laws"), the data controller is SilkFred Ltd, The Old Truman Brewery, 91 Brick Lane, London, E1 6QL.
We are committed to protecting your privacy on-line. This policy (together with our Online Terms of Supply and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
Information you give us
- information (such as your name, date of birth, email address, postal address and telephone number) that you provide by completing forms on the Site or sign up to our mailing list, including if you register as a user of the Site, upload or submit any material via the Site, request any information, or enter into any competition or promotion we may operate or sponsor;
- in connection with an account sign-in facility, your log-in and password details;
- details of any transactions made by you through the Site with us or Brands; credit and debit card information (where saved by you)
- communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the Site or its content; and
- information from surveys that we may, from time to time, run for research purposes, if you choose to respond to, or participate in, them.
You are under no obligation to provide any such information. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
Information we collect about you With regard to each of your visits to our Site we will automatically collect the following information by means of cookies and/or other similar technologies:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform or mobile device;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service team.
Information we receive from other sources
This is information we receive about you if you use another website we operate or other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share those data internally and combine it with data collected on this Site. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data.
We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, and search information providers).
Cookies and other technologies
We use the following sorts of cookies and/or other similar technologies, such as tracking GIFs, web beacons and pixel codes, either alone or in combination with each other to create a unique device ID:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Site and under our terms with you. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Site, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Site when they are using it. This helps us for our legitimate purposes to improve the way our Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our Site. This enables us, subject to your choices and preferences, to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies gather information about the pages on the Site that you visit, and also other information about other websites that you visit, so as to place you in a "market segment". This information is collected by reference to the IP address that you are using and/or your unique user ID, and includes information about the county and city you are in, together with the name of your internet service provider. This information is then used to place interest-based advertisements on the Site which it is believed will be relevant to your market segment. For more information about this type of interest based advertising, and about how to turn this feature off please visit http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/.
Some of the cookies used by the Site are set by us, and some are set by third parties who are delivering services on our behalf.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the tables below:
|SilkFred Cookies||first_visit_triggered||Used to manage pop-ups|
|cookie_notice_dismissed||Ensures that the cookie notice des not reappear once our cookie notice has been dismissed|
|marketing_modal_shown||Allows to show the marketing signup modal just once|
|skip_holding||Enables users to skip a registration page|
|selected_products_sizes||is being used for: https://www.silkfred.com/ae/outlet to know which sizes the user has selected to view outlet products to prevent the need to reselect when the page is refreshed.|
Third Party Cookies
|Facebook Cookies||Ad conversion tracking||https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/|
|Klaviyo Cookie - TG||__kla_id__kla_viewed||This cookie enables us to track the products you engage with and purchase in order to provide marketing emails that are targeted at your individual interests||https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005076767-Klaviyo-Web-Tracking|
|MailChimp - TG||MailChimp uses session cookies to help our website remember changes made as our users move from page to page. With secure sites like MailChimp, session cookies work to keep the user logged in so they aren't required to enter their credentials whenever they navigate to a new page. These cookies are deleted after the session ends.||https://kb.mailchimp.com/accounts/account-setup/how-mailchimp-uses-cookies|
|Google Analytics - AP||ga||Lives for 2 years - Used to distinguish users||https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage|
|_gid||Lives for 24h - Used to distinguish users|
|_gat||Lives for 1 min - Used to throttle request rate.|
|AMP_TOKEN||Lives for 30 sec to 1 year - Contains a token that can be used to retrieve a Client ID from AMP Client ID service.|
|_gac_<property-id>||Lives for 30 sec to 1 year - Contains a token that can be used to retrieve a Client ID from AMP Client ID service.|
|__utma||Lives for 90 days - Contains campaign related information for the user. If you have linked your Google Analytics and AdWords accounts, AdWords website conversion tags will read this cookie unless you opt-out.
|__utmt||10 minutes. Used to throttle request rate.|
|__utmc||End of browser session. Not used in ga.js. Set for interoperability with urchin.js. Historically, this cookie operated in conjunction with the __utmb cookie to determine whether the user was in a new session/visit.|
|Attraqt Product View - FN||LMDATA||Not using an actual cookie, but local storage. However information is being sent back to the server, so this operates in a similar way to a cookie.
Local storage has no expiry date
Data: user return yes/no, date of last & current visit, visit count, product.
|Privy - TG||privy_signedup_354929||Cookie enablers for Email Pop Ups||https://privy.com/features|
|ShareThis - TG||__unam||The "__unam" cookie is set as part of the ShareThis service and monitors "click-stream" activity, e.g. web pages viewed, navigation from page to page, time spent on each page etc. The Share. This service only personally identifies you if you have separately signed up with ShareThis for a ShareThis account and given them your consent.||http://www.sharethis.com/privacy/|
|__sharethis_cook||The browser cookie tracks the content viewed by the visitor and pages of websites which use ShareThis Publisher Applications. This might be a legacy cookie unless we still use the sharethis buttons on the blog? Not on the site anymore|
|Microsoft Bing Adds - FN||_uetsid||30 minutes. This is a cookie utilised by Microsoft Bing Ads and is a tracking cookie. It allows us to engage with a user that has previously visited our website.|
|Stripe - SN||__stripe_mid||Session cookies - Provides a unique session identifier for dashboard Users||https://stripe.com/cookies-policy/legal|
|ZopIM (Zendesk) - SN||__zlcmid||These cookies are managed by ZopIM, who provide the technology behind our 'live chat' system. The __zlcmid cookie allows you to continue a chat with us as you view different pages on our site, or if you come back to the site later. If you choose to disable this service from the live chat window's options menu or the 'ON'/'OFF' switch above||https://www.zendesk.com/company/customers-partners/#cookie-policy|
|Feathr - TG||f_id||1 year. Tracks individual page visits to distinguish between users.||https://help.feathr.co/getting-started/privacy/information-to-add-to-your-privacy-policy|
|cto_lwid||HTTP cookie. These cookies are used to support your experience on the site and include user-selected options, site navigation aids, etc. Generally, no personally identifiable data is collected with these types of cookies.|
Except for SilkFred essential cookies, all cookies used on our Site will expire after two years.
Most web and mobile device browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser or mobile device. Please note, however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on the Site, you may not be able to take full advantage of the Site.
The effect of disabling cookies depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the Site may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on our Site. If you disable all cookies, you will be unable to complete a purchase on our Site.
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below:
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the menu "tools" then "Internet Options"
- Click on the "privacy" tab
- Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome
- Choose Settings> Advanced
- Under "Privacy and security," click "Content settings".
- Click "Cookies"
- Choose Preferences > Privacy
- Click on "Remove all Website Data"
For Mozilla firefox
- Choose the menu "tools" then "Options"
- Click on the icon "privacy"
- Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further
- Choose the menu "Files" > "Preferences"
Uses of other similar technologies
|How we use your information||Types of information||Legal basis|
|We do use tracking pixels in our emails, so we know when an email is opened, how long it is open for, and when it is deleted.
Uses made of your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to allow Brands to fulfil orders that you place for products via the Site;
- to verify and carry out financial transactions in relation to payments you make online;
- to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you, if you have signed up to receive marketing emails, or consented on the form on which we collect your data (the order form or registration form to create an account with the site) to receiving marketing material from us. This may include information about, for example, SilkFred, Brands or styling, tips and advice;
- to notify you about changes to our service or policies;
- to ensure in our legitimate interests that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information for our legitimate interests to:
- administer our Site under our terms and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, and data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- keep our Site safe and secure;
- measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them, subject to your stated preferences where relevant. This may include personalised notifications if you use our app.
- Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
The provision of your personal data is a requirement necessary to enter into a contract with you if you have requested information and products from us. If you do not provide your personal data to us for this purpose, we may not be able to provide the information or the products you have requested.
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
- The following third parties including:
- business partners, sub-contractors, and suppliers, including Brands that you make purchases from on the Site for the performance of any contract we enter into with you. When we pass your personal data to Brands, they become a data controller of the copy of the personal data that they access.
- advertising agencies and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others on our behalf.
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site and subject to the cookie section of this policy.
We may also share your personal data under the following circumstances:
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of supply terms and other agreements with you; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of SilkFred, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection, credit risk reduction and law enforcement purposes.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law and they may only use your data for the purposes we specify in our contract with them. We will always work with them to protect your privacy.
The Site may, from time to time, make chat rooms, message boards, news groups and/or other public forums available to its users. Any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when using these and never disclose your personal information. We may store any messages you submit when using any public forum in order to administer the forum and to enhance your user experience. If you include any personal data in your messages, we will also store that personal data.
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
We place great importance on the security of all personal information associated with our users. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to personal information. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
You should bear in mind that submission of information over the internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via the Site whilst it is in transit over the internet and any such submission is at your own risk.
It is advisable to close your browser when you have finished your user session to help ensure others do not access your personal information if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place.
Storage of your information
Your personal information which we collect is sent to and stored on secure servers which are based in the UK and in Ireland, which is where your personal data will be located. Such storage is necessary in order to process the information. Personal information submitted may be transferred by us to our other offices and/or to the third parties mentioned in the circumstances described above (see Information sharing), which may be situated outside the UK or the European Economic Area (EEA) and may be processed by staff operating outside the UK or the EEA. Countries outside the UK or the EEA may not have laws which provide the same level of protection to your personal data as laws within the UK or the EEA.
Where personal data is transferred in relation to providing our services we will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with Data Protection Laws and is subject to appropriate safeguards, such as relying on a recognised legal adequacy mechanism which may include entering into standard contractual clauses relevant to transfers of personal information, approved by the European Commission and the UK’s Information Commissioner.
You have the right under certain circumstances:
- to be provided with a copy of your personal data held by us;
- to request the rectification or erasure of your personal data held by us;
- to request that we cease processing your data;
- to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data (while we verify or investigate your concerns with this information, for example);
- to request that your data be transferred to a third party;
- to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, which is the Information Commissioner's Office in the UK (although we would always encourage you to come to us in the first instance).
Some of your rights set out above may be limited in some situations; for example, if we have a legal requirement or a compelling legitimate ground we may continue to process your data even where you request its deletion.
You can also exercise the rights listed above at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions you have about this policy or data protection at SilkFred. You can submit any questions you have about an order you have placed, ordering in general, or any complaint or concern in relation to any product ordered by email to firstname.lastname@example.org