Shipping & Returns
Got a question about how we ship, return or handle your orders? You’ve come to the right place!
We’re home to a community of independent fashion brands. When you shop with us, it’s one checkout process, no matter how many brands you buy from.
All items are shipped directly by the brand that designed them - simple!
Here’s how it works
Once you’ve placed an order you will receive an order notification letting you know we have received your order.
When your order has been shipped, you’ll receive a notification confirming your item is on its way to you.
Please note that shipping rates and delivery times vary from brand to brand. If you are ordering a pre-order product, please see the product page for estimated shipping date.
Log into your SilkFred account. Go to ‘My Orders’ and click ‘View’. Select ‘Return’ & you will be provided with the correct address(es) to return your item(s) to.
Pack up the items you wish to return into the packages they arrived in. Remember SilkFred is a platform for independent brands and your order may contain items directly from the brand. If you’re returning to multiple brands please ensure you send back to the correct address.
Send your returns via your preferred courier or local post office, we recommend using a tracked service so you are able to trace your parcel. Make sure to keep your postage receipt.
SilkFred is platform for independent brands and your order may contain items that were shipped to you directly from the brand. This means that in order to receive your refund, you need to ensure that the item makes it back to the correct address.
What’s your returns policy?
- We hope you’ll love your new items, but if you’re not fully happy, you need to let us know within 14 days of receiving the items, beginning the day after your order is received.
- We recommend that you request a return for each item, as and when you receive them, rather than waiting for your entire order to be delivered.
- Once that’s done, you have another 14 days to physically return the order to us. We recommend you use a tracked service and keep your postage receipt until your refund has cleared.
- All items must be returned, unused, unworn and in their original, undamaged packaging with tags attached.
- When trying on clothing please check that you’re not wearing any deodorant, makeup, tan or perfume that may leave a mark or scent.
- Don’t forget that swimwear should be tried on over underwear and that the protective hygiene strip should be left intact if you wish to return.
- Please try shoes on indoors taking care not to mark the soles. Shoes must be returned in their original, unmarked shoebox.
- Any items that are received back which are not in a resalable condition will be returned to you.
- Refunds are processed within 10 business days of receipt and you will receive confirmation of your refund via email.
- Please note that refunds can only be issued back to your original payment method or issued as a credit to spend on SilkFred.
- If you need any help shout us at email@example.com.
Which items are non-refundable?
- Any item that isn’t notified to us within the returns period. If you want to return something, you must tell us within 14 days of receiving the items (beginning the day after your order is received). You have another 14 days to return the goods once you’ve told us.
- Returns received in damaged or worn condition. You have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the items while in your possession. If you fail to comply with this obligation, we and/or the brand have a right to deduct the cost of any deterioration (due, for example, to your having used the items) up to the price of the items from the refund to which you are otherwise entitled.
- Intimates including shapewear, bras, undies, tights, socks.
- Shoes returned with postage stickers on the original shoebox - please place the shoebox inside a larger packing box.
- Personalised items, unless faulty.
- Free gifts.